Sat, May 20, 2017
12 noon–12 midnight
Blue Cross RiverRink
101 S Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106
FringeA-Thon is more than just a fundraiser. It’s a chance for Philadelphia’s arts and culture sector to unite and call attention to the positive impact it has on the city – economically, educationally, and culturally. At a moment in which the arts are under fire on a national level, FringeA-Thon is a rally, an act of solidarity, a sounding cry.
Become a Beneficiary Partner!
What is a beneficiary partner?
FringeA-thon offers a unique opportunity for local arts organizations, individual artists and other non-profits to become beneficiary partners. By participating in FringeA-Thon, beneficiary partners will dance to raise funds for FringeArts as well as their own organization or special projects.
How does this partnership work?
Participating in FringeA-Thon as a beneficiary partner allows non-profit organizations and individual artists to spotlight special initiatives or projects using FringeA-Thon as a fundraising vehicle. FringeA-Thon will provide:
- An online fundraising platform
- Opportunity to market your organization or project at FringeA-Thon
- A great 12-hour event packed with music, dance, and fun
- Fundraising incentives for your dancers
Beneficiary partners will create a team and recruit dancers to fundraise for their cause. All partners will receive a 75% split of all proceeds raised by their team (including the $25 registration fee). It’s a low impact way to raise additional funds while supporting the cultural sector of the city.
FringeA-Thon invites organizations and artists to take advantage of the day by using the event as a marketing platform. Bring flyers to share with your fellow dancers, wear costumes that promote your brand, and dance with your potential supporters. Prizes and special recognition will be awarded to the most creative promotional endeavor, as well the top fundraising team. This is a great way to spotlight your efforts and bring together all the organizations that make Philadelphia a leading hub for cultural and philanthropic greatness.
Who can be a beneficiary partner?
- Any 501(c)3 tax exempt organization
- An artist or company with a fiscal conduit (e.g. through Fractured Atlas)
- Any artist or company that has registered for the 2017 Fringe Festival
With six DJs spinning beats throughout the day and Bearded Ladies Cabaret founder John Jarboe emceeing, FringeA-Thon is as much about the dancing as it is about the fundraising. There’ll be local professional dancers teaching some of their moves, pop-up dance performances, dance competitions and like any great feel-good movie, a choreographed dance finale for everyone to take part in.
For more info on the event, check out this wonderful article from Generocity.
Why should you do this?
- Networking and audience-building with other Fringe shows, for-profit entities, non-profit organizations and corporate sponsors in attendance
- All artists retain 75% of funds raised
- All donations you raise will be tax-deductible
- Every Fringe show that raises $2,000 will get their registration fee reimbursed (This is a $$$ saving opportunity you shouldn’t pass up)