Reels On Wheels: Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Curated by Catherine Preston
Wednesday, July 29
Holiday Inn Express Parking LotMap
Screening on July 29, 2020, Beasts Of The Southern Wild will be the second in our summer series of socially-distant outdoor movie nights that you can enjoy from the safety and comfort of your own car!
Synopsis: Hushpuppy is a six-year-old girl living in a sinking community in the American South. Melting ice caps are forcing her hometown underwater, while also unleashing terrifying prehistoric creatures. Hushpuppy and her father work together with the others in their suffering town to prepare for the future. Her father is falling ill, and she will have to learn to be independent and strong enough to protect herself from the nightmares ahead.
Year Released: 2012
Director: Benh Zeitlin
Featured Actors: Quvenzhané Wallis, Dwight Henry, Levy Easterly
Know Before You Go
Location: The parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express, next to FringeArts. The entrance is off of Columbus Ave. 100 N Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106
*Parking spots are first come, first serve and will be parked in an orderly manner. One RSVP is required per car.
- Please turn off your car during the movie. Being in “accessory” mode is ok!
- To listen to the movie, attendants will direct you to turn your car radio to the correct station.
- If you have to leave before the movie ends, please use your parking lights only when you exit so as to not disturb other patrons’ viewing experience. There is no re-entry allowed.
- Trucks, Vans, SUV’s and other High Vehicles are required to park in designated areas unless instructed by a person of our staff to do otherwise.
- Parents and/or The Accompanying Adult Guardian are responsible for their Children at all times.
- We are not responsible for damage to vehicles or personal property.
- We are not responsible for lost, stolen, forgotten or misplaced items of any kind.
Safety Guidelines for Reels on Wheels
Attendees must remain inside their same vehicle throughout the gathering, unless an occupant needs to get out of the vehicle for their health or safety or if an occupant needs to use the restroom. Should you have a service dog or bring a pet to the theatre, and need to take the dog out, please follow social distancing guidelines and wear a cloth face covering. Masks/face coverings must be worn by all patrons when outside of the vehicle using the restroom.
If vehicles are closer than six feet apart, then all windows, sunroofs, or convertible tops must remain closed. Parking attendants will direct drivers as to how and where to park, ensuring that ALL vehicles are at least six feet apart. Please note, we have marked spaces on the ground for use.
Any time an attendee is out of their vehicle they should make sure to wear a face covering and practice social distancing whenever possible. Patrons will not be allowed to enter the restaurant.
Individuals utilizing our restrooms must adhere to our social distancing policy of staggering the amount of individuals permitted inside the restroom at one time and adhere to the 6 ft. social distancing policy while waiting in line. A restroom attendant will control the rate of occupancy throughout the evening. The restrooms will be disinfected at frequent intervals throughout the evening.