Reels On Wheels: The Hate U Give
Curated by Catherine Preston
August 5 at 8:45pm
Outdoor Film Series
Holiday Inn Express Parking LotMap
Screening on August 5, 2020, The Hate U Give will be the third in our summer series of socially-distant outdoor movie nights that you can enjoy from the safety and comfort of your own car!
Synopsis: Starr Carter is seemingly living a double life, split between white and black, rich and poor, school and home. When she witnesses her friend’s fatal shooting by the police, she is inspired to stand up for change and fight for justice, not just for her friend, but for her community and for any and all African-Americans who have been hurt by the system.
Year Released: 2018
Director: George Tillman, Jr.
Featured Actors: Amandla Stenberg, Regina Hall, Russell Hornsby
Know Before You Go
Location: The parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express, next to FringeArts. The entrance is off of Columbus Ave. 100 N Christopher Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106
*Parking spots are first come, first serve and will be parked in an orderly manner. One RSVP is required per car.
- Please turn off your car during the movie. Being in “accessory” mode is ok!
- To listen to the movie, attendants will direct you to turn your car radio to the correct station.
- If you have to leave before the movie ends, please use your parking lights only when you exit so as to not disturb other patrons’ viewing experience. There is no re-entry allowed.
- Trucks, Vans, SUV’s and other High Vehicles are required to park in designated areas unless instructed by a person of our staff to do otherwise.
- Parents and/or The Accompanying Adult Guardian are responsible for their Children at all times.
- We are not responsible for damage to vehicles or personal property.
- We are not responsible for lost, stolen, forgotten or misplaced items of any kind.
Safety Guidelines for Reels on Wheels
Attendees must remain inside their same vehicle throughout the gathering, unless an occupant needs to get out of the vehicle for their health or safety or if an occupant needs to use the restroom. Should you have a service dog or bring a pet to the theatre, and need to take the dog out, please follow social distancing guidelines and wear a cloth face covering. Masks/face coverings must be worn by all patrons when outside of the vehicle using the restroom.
If vehicles are closer than six feet apart, then all windows, sunroofs, or convertible tops must remain closed. Parking attendants will direct drivers as to how and where to park, ensuring that ALL vehicles are at least six feet apart. Please note, we have marked spaces on the ground for use.
Any time an attendee is out of their vehicle they should make sure to wear a face covering and practice social distancing whenever possible. Patrons will not be allowed to enter the restaurant.
Individuals utilizing our restrooms must adhere to our social distancing policy of staggering the amount of individuals permitted inside the restroom at one time and adhere to the 6 ft. social distancing policy while waiting in line. A restroom attendant will control the rate of occupancy throughout the evening. The restrooms will be disinfected at frequent intervals throughout the evening.