FringeArts has been, and remains committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination. FringeArts does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, military status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, employment practices; selection of board members, interns, volunteers and vendors; and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. In keeping with this policy, FringeArts seeks to recruit, hire, train and promote into available jobs the most qualified persons and to administer personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, training, and terminations in accordance with this policy. All employees, board members, interns and volunteers are expected to conduct themselves in the work place in a manner consistent with this policy.
Position closed, no longer accepting applications.
No longer accepting applications.
The Technical Director is responsible for overseeing all technical needs for shows presented by FringeArts in our theater, on the restaurant stage, in our outdoor biergarten and venues for our annual Fringe Festival presented shows. The Technical Director works closely with and reports directly to FringeArts’ Production Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise all calls for shows, rentals, events and all necessary stage-related activities from load in to load out
- Interface with all relevant departments (including Front of House/Box Office, Company Management, Stage Management, Development, Marketing)
- Coordinate schedules with production department to maximize efficiency at work calls and balance workload
- Conduct regular production meetings
- Schedule theater maintenance and monitor and maintain equipment and materials inventory
- Work with the Production Manager to draft show budgets and schedules
- Purchase/rent equipment and materials for shows as necessary and delegate task to Head of Audio and Master Electrician as necessary
- Monitor expenses and stay within production budget
- Review and cost out technical riders, including materials, rentals and overhire
- Maintain a safe workplace and ensure that safety rules are followed in theater and festival venues
- Work with Production Manager and Development Director to develop production budgets for grant proposals
- Maintain excellent working relationship with artist companies
B.A. in theater or related field or equivalent; minimum of 5-6 years experience in theater technical operations; strong leadership skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with international artists and touring companies and work in non-traditional venues a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous health and leave benefits package
- Please send cover letter and resume to HR@FringeArts.com. Include job title and applicant name in subject line.
FringeArts is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.
FringeArts internships offer empirical training for students and emerging professionals whose career interests include performing and visual arts administration, arts production, and all facets of nonprofit administration and management.
Interns of all academic and professional backgrounds are welcome. FringeArts interns support programming, marketing, development, event operations and more. Academic credit may be available. Internships are available year-round on an ongoing basis. Interns are significantly needed before and during our annual 16-day Festival, presented throughout Philadelphia each September. Interns typically serve approximately 20 hours per week, during regular office hours (10-6, M-F), primarily at our Old City offices. Hours are flexible.
For more information or to apply, please contact email@example.com. Applications should include a cover letter and resume, and additional materials where required (see job descriptions below). FringeArts is an equal opportunity organization. The FringeArts offices are wheelchair accessible.