FringeArts has been, and remains committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination. FringeArts does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, military status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, employment practices; selection of board members, interns, volunteers and vendors; and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. In keeping with this policy, FringeArts seeks to recruit, hire, train and promote into available jobs the most qualified persons and to administer personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, training, and terminations in accordance with this policy. All employees, board members, interns and volunteers are expected to conduct themselves in the work place in a manner consistent with this policy.
The Finance & Administration Associate is responsible for managing accounts receivables, supervising accounts payable entry, and assisting with budget reports. The Finance & Administration Associate is also responsible for customer service, general administrative duties, and maintaining organizational files. This position works directly with, and reports to, the Director of Finance & Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Enter deposits daily into accounting software (QuickBooks) and donor database (Patron Manager/SalesForce).
- Manage accounts receivables for all departments: create invoices, track, and deposit payments.
- Supervise accounts payable entry into QuickBooks and review and cut checks weekly.
- Monitor petty cash, reimbursements, and credit card use by staff.
- Reconcile monthly petty cash and credit card accounts.
- Enter payroll in QuickBooks, and assist with reconciling monthly.
- Assist Finance Director with HR needs including: posting openings, organizing applications, and scheduling staff interviews; collecting and maintaining personnel paperwork.
- File state quarterly corporate tax filings.
- Greet visitors, direct to appropriate locations, and alert appropriate staff members of their arrival.
- Answer general office telephone line and general customer inquiries, transfer calls as needed.
- Maintain awareness of scheduled activity and events in the building in order to maintain an efficient and welcoming environment for visitors.
- Drop-off, pick-up, sort, and distribute mail once daily.
- Oversee hospitality needs for office – communal lunch, staff birthdays, intern thank you cards, etc.
- Monitor inventory and order office supplies for all departments within budgets.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the supply room.
- File documents and maintain vendor files
- Assists various departments on an as needed basis
Candidates must have a demonstrated facility for working with numbers, a keen attention to detail and organization, and a high level of accuracy when performing data entry. Must also have excellent customer service skills. Must be comfortable with databases and have strong MS Office/Excel experience. Knowledge of QuickBooks and SalesForce, a love of Sudoku, and an interest in the arts preferred.
For consideration please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
FringeArts is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.
FringeArts internships offer empirical training for students and emerging professionals whose career interests include performing and visual arts administration, arts production, and all facets of nonprofit administration and management.
Interns of all academic and professional backgrounds are welcome. FringeArts interns support programming, marketing, development, event operations and more. Academic credit may be available. Internships are available year-round on an ongoing basis. Interns are significantly needed before and during our annual 16-day Festival, presented throughout Philadelphia each September. Interns typically serve approximately 20 hours per week, during regular office hours (10-6, M-F), primarily at our Old City offices. Hours are flexible.
For more information or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a cover letter and resume, and additional materials where required (see job descriptions below). FringeArts is an equal opportunity organization. The FringeArts offices are wheelchair accessible.